Working for us
EACH PERSON AT NZHP CONTRIBUTES TO BETTER HEALTH OUTCOMES.
Our people are at the centre of our organisation – what they do helps drive and deliver the best value outcomes to our customers, our healthcare frontline teams and patients.
We work hard to attract, retain and develop talented people in a workplace focused on delivery, making a difference, and passionate about career and leadership development.
Our end-to-end employee experience is at the centre or what we do. Your relationship with us starts during recruitment and selection – it’s very much a two-way process. Our goal is to make this a positive, rewarding experience.
We want people to give all they have while they remain part of or whanau and, when the time is right and they leave us, we farewell them with so much more than what they arrived with.
Visit our Job Opportunities page to see our current vacant roles.
What else we offer
- Annual Leave: Even hardworking, driven people need balance and rest in their lives; to support this we offer five weeks’ annual leave.
- Sick Leave: No matter how healthy you or your whanau may be, there are times when you need leave to care for yourself and / or others. To support your wellbeing, we offer 10 days’ sick leave per year.
- Flexibility: We understand that working and juggling personal commitments can be challenging; our modern, flexible working policy is something we are proud of.
- Growing you: We want people who like to learn, grow and flourish in their career and leadership journeys.
- Famous for our leaders: Our Leadership Programme is delivered by one of New Zealand’s most well-known coaches. We’re committed to developing leaders to grow a high-performing, agile business to meet the changing and complex needs of the health sector.
- Holistic health and wellbeing: We’re serious about seeing our people as important in themselves and have a commitment to support their mental, physical and emotional wellbeing. We do this through targeted coaching and training, as well as living our health and safety principles and practices.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP): Our confidential EAP is available to all of our people and immediate family to help with personal and workplace issues / challenges.
We work hard at recognising and rewarding our great people. Our values underpin how we work together and with our stakeholders. These values are central to our collective culture, and as individuals.
- Ngākaunui. We’re ambitious for NZ Health and our contribution to its success.
- Kiritaki i te manawa. We think, act and make decisions in the best interests of our customers.
- Kapa kotahi. We’re stronger together.
- Ngā otinga. We do what we say we’ll do.
Our recruitment process
- Show us you’re interested – apply for a great role!
- Apply through an advertised opportunity or connect with us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to get to know you, so send your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in and fit for the role.
- Getting back to you – next steps
- Once you have connected with us we will get in touch, once we have screened your application and discuss next steps. If there is a match, you will be shortlisted for further consideration.
- Come and meet us – interviews
- Interviews are competency based, between 45-60 minutes and are conducted by a panel of up to three people. There may be a second interview for some roles
- Best practice – references and due diligence
- We will check references, with your permission, among other checks.
- Join our whanau – begin your journey with us
- Once due diligence and reference checks are complete, we get to the exciting bit and offer you a role.
You can also email Corinne at Corinne.Gaddie@nzhp.health.nz for a chat.